Thursday, February 11, 2010

Introduction: "LEAVE IT RUNNING"

I was introduced to running at age 10 by my Dad. My Dad helped me at an early age learn the importance of keeping your body healthy, and of course running was the best way. I remember watching my father and my step mom come home from work and quickly putting on their running shoes and going out to de-stress.


As a kid, running was the one thing no one could take from me. Running was a healthy escape and a place I did not have to think, just run. As the years went by, running was sporadic but I eventually found some time to get a run in.

As a young mom, running was not as easy for me because of the babies. Still I found time to squeeze a little run in. About 6 years ago I decided to make running a habit, and about 3 years ago, it became a long awaited passion for me.

As life goes on times can be hard. I say take it out on the road and “Leave It Running.”

That is why I run…..

The Theriault Family at the Seattle Marathon
One of the happiest days we have had together.  Our oldest son ran the marathon (3:22) I ran the half, Jake and Haley ran the 5k, and Sara and Dad ran the kids marathon.

No comments: